Sunday, June 6, 2021

The social (media) leper

Trump would never be able to figure out the knobs


Donald Trump's social media changing blog died a quick death, lasting a measly 29 days because Trump shut it down in anger over its lack of readers.  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that a blog written by a man with the intelligence and attention span of a fifth grader didn't appeal to his legion of fans who have the intelligence and attention span of third graders.

I've been writing this blog for twelve years now.  I have made zero dollars, and I don't feature any ads because I don't want to take anything away from my blog's central message (note:  I'd likely make zero dollars even if I did let blogger.com run ads).  On a great month, I get 1500 views.  Over the course of these past twelve years I've averaged about 7000 views a year.  Even though my blog (and myself) will never have an significant voice in our national political discussions, I'm very proud of it.  Week in, week out I keep writing posts because I love this country so much that even if over this blog's history I've won over only one reader it would be more than worth it.  I keep writing because I will never stop fighting to leave behind a kinder, nobler, and stronger country not just for my children, but for the generations of children that will follow us.

Compare and contrast this to Donald Trump quitting a month into his blog's tenure.  On its last day, Trump got 1500 comments and shares.  Note that the number of views was likely larger than that as not every viewer comments or shares a post.  Even 1500, on average, would come to more than half a million viewers a year--and that's just after one month.  A little promotion would likely take that number to much greater heights.  But for all his talk about patriotism, Donald Trump didn't write a blog because he loves America and wants it to make it great again, he wrote it because he loves Donald Trump and only wanted to stroke his own ego.  Unfortunately for Trump the amount of people who want to kiss your ass drops exponentially after you lead your party to lose the House, the Senate, and the Presidency in four short years.

I didn't share this because I wanted to pat myself on the back.  I did it because I wanted to show what a piece of shit Donald Trump was, and what a piss poor excuse for an American--and a man--he truly is.


It Was an Insurrection--the Blood of Those Killed on January 6th Is on Republican Hands

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment