Monday, September 16, 2013

Why I'm not a fortuneteller

Ahem.

It's a good thing I don't try to earn a living by making predictions--on August 4th, I predicted that despite all of our petitions, bitching and bellyaching, and threats to disown President Obama, he would appoint Larry Summers as the new Chairman of the Federal Reserve and our miserable economic lives would continue ad nauseum.

Larry Summers went and fucked up a perfectly good prediction by announcing he was withdrawing his name for consideration as the new Chairman of the Federal Reserve because he feared (perhaps rightly so) that he would be too acrimonius of a choice for the President.

As my father would say, fuck me to tears.  I'm wrong and we won--I could get used to this.

Wonder if I should start making predictions on how President Obama will handle the upcoming debt ceiling negotiations and his cuts to Social Security....

Peace,
emaycee

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's myth, or if it really happened. But FDR allegedly said he agreed with the people and, "Now, go out and make me do it." Doesn't matter if he said it or not. This is America, and we buy the legend.

    I swear, though I can find no proof, that Obama said something similar, quoting FDR. Again, doesn't matter.

    I've read plenty about Obama and his pushing for Summers. And I don't doubt it. Though, I do question why Clinton is basically Jesus for liberals these days, when he gave us the fuck-tard.

    In any event, Obama, whether I'm misquoting or not, can be pushed. We save the--I'm tempted to say bullets, but not today--good whiskey for the right time. And we did here. I still believe we didn't push hard enough on Obamacare, but that's another argument.

    Either way, I say we keep pushing Obama.

    ReplyDelete