Monday, September 30, 2013

No shit Sherlock #1952

You know, I've been in retail for thirty years now, and though I haven't risen past the rank of store manager, I think I can safely say that even a newbie with just a couple of months service realizes that if you don't keep your shelves full, your sales are going to suffer.

Apparently this was beyond the brain(dead)trust that runs the Wal-Mart stores, who decided to hire all kinds of temp workers instead of retaining their staff in the hope that fucking Oompa-Loompas were going to drop down from the stores' ceilings and stock everything from toilet paper to jock straps.  In what must have come as a great surprise to Wal-Mart's leadership, the Oompa-Loompas were a no-show and now Wal-Mart's shelves are empty, sales have dropped, and they're having to play catch up to get full-time workers hired to complete what is retail 101 at its most basic:  stocking the shelves.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason I never advanced beyond the store level and into executive leadership is becaused I'm just not fucking stupid enough....

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment