Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I do not like Ted Cruz, Sam-I-Am

While wasting the nation's precious time with a 21 hour filibuster of which the aim was to stop poor and working class Americans from having affordable healthcare (and what a worthy goal that is), Ted Cruz decided he would read his children a bedtime story.  The story he chose was a veritable American classic, one I have read to my children again and again:  Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham.

Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that as a (so-called) man was doing everything in his power to make sure that many children do not have adequate healthcare he invoked the name of a man who has brought so much joy to more children than Ted Cruz has dead brain cells?

Even worse--Theodore Geisel was a die hard Liberal.  Chances are he would have approved of Obamacare--at the very least thought it was a good start.

Maybe during future pointless filibusters Cruz can read other childhood classics like Horton's Deaf Because He Lacked Adequate Healthcare and To Think I Let Them All Starve on Mulberry Street!

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment