Monday, September 2, 2013

It's my favorite holiday of the year

I could wax poetic about the eight hour workday, company paid health insurance, paid vacations, minimum wage, paid holidays, higher wages, safer workplaces, the NLRB, OSHA, child labor laws--all of which have made the American worker's life much better and all of which were fought for (and in some cases died for) by labor unions.

I could also note that for a day that's supposed to celebrate labor, there were a whole hell of a lot of us workers (myself included) who spent today working--far too many of us to sell shit that people could live without for a day, but we couldn't have that because it might cost corporate America's moneyed elite a nickel.

But I liked this better (and it makes me proud to be a Liberal supporter of unions):


On a side note, can you imagine a republican toadie or a corporate hack coming up with a video this clever?  No? And you know why?  Because their version of "free enterprise" stifles creativity--it's not about the average American worker, it's about the moneyed elite.

I also liked this better--and it is the epitome of the courage our cause inspires (and instills more union pride).  People with everything to lose fighting back against the moneyed elite of corporate America for a living wage.  Note, too, that it's a "living" wage--ain't a lot of people going to be vacationing on the Riviera who make $15.00 an hour:



Hope everyone had a Happy Labor Day--or as I like to call it, Happy Fuck Rich People Day!

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment