Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Victory lap...

,,,sort of.

Democrats

Nailed it--Clinton won over Sanders in a squeaker and O'Malley has pulled out of the race.

For what it's worth, I'm really beginning to believe Sanders can win the nomination.

Republicans

Can't win 'em all--Cruz ended up topping Trump, but I got Rubio in third (where pretty much every poll had him finishing--can't say I'm a science denier!).  Huckabee, Paul, and Santorum have all ceased their campaigns as I predicted.  Jim Gilmore, on the other hand, told Rachel Maddow that if he got one vote, one stinking vote, he'd consider it a victory.  He got 12 (!) so one supposes he feels he's cruising to the nomination now.  It remains to be seen if he can top that total in New Hampshire.

Not sure if Trump's campaign implodes at this point or passes its first gut check, though if I had to bet a dollar on it I'd put it on an implosion.

Not sure if I'd rather face Cruz or Rubio in November--Cruz is a little more cutthroat, but Rubio's got the traditional media believing he's a credible candidate instead of the lightweight he actually is.

Either way, I still think it's the Democrats race to lose.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment