Thursday, May 28, 2015

You say Pataki, I say Palooka

So...I'm watching The Rachel Maddow show last night and she puts up a graphic that shows all of the republican contenders for the republican nomination in 2016 and in the lower left hand corner is a guy I don't recognize at all.  Not sure I've ever seen him in my life.

Turns out, it's former New York Governor George Pataki.  That's right--the George Pataki.

Who today became the eighth republican to announce his candidacy for the U. S. Presidency.  Whose only real qualification for becoming our 45th President is that he was the Governor of New York on September 11, 2001.  Granted, it's better than anything I've got, but it's pretty fucking thin.

And while I don't claim to be an expert on American politics, I do follow them about 25-30 hours a week--and if I couldn't pick him out of a lineup of other old white guys, what do you suppose the chances are that your average American, who'd rather watch paint dry than pay attention to politics, has the slightest idea of who he is?  Or cares?

Next!

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment