Friday, June 1, 2012

Shitski

Well the May employment numbers are in and it definitely isn't good news for the good guys--the unemployment rate ticked up to 8.2% and only 69,000 new jobs were created.  Willard immediately jumped on them--fortunately, he's not particularly adept at explaining it; unfortunately, the "liberal" media is equally inept at explaining how wrong Willard is (though I did enjoy--and was a bit surprised by--the angry reaction in the comments section).

Props to President Obama for being proactive and getting right out there and advocating for a jobs bill.  The President has exactly the right prescription--the nation is in desperate need of a boost to the economy to get the job market headed back in the right direction.  Too bad that thanks to the republican party and all its minions being more interested in shoving their agenda down our throats rather than doing what's best for the America people, the President's jobs bill has as much chance of passing as I do of walking on my hands from Detroit to San Francisco.  Truth be told, my odds are probably better.

While I still think the Electoral College maps favors the President, I do have to admit that I had the same thought as Digby after reading the employment numbers--we just might lose this election.  And I don't think it can be overstated how big of a disaster that will be for America's poor, America's middle class, and the nation as a whole.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment