Friday, June 1, 2012

Now that you mention it...

I always get a bit queasy when candidates for elective office--even Democrats--tout their business experience as a good reason to vote for them.  After 30 years in business, it's been my experience that most business leaders aren't that bright, aren't that scrupulous, are very selfish, and have the people skills of  Ted Kaczynski.  Seriously--given the choice between dealing with one and a month long case of jock itch, you'd take the jock itch.  And feel lucky for it.

One of the many reasons I don't write for The New York Times (let me count the ways) is that I don't put my distaste for business leaders as political leaders as succinctly as the gentleman (though my ego likes to think I do it a bit more humorously) does here.  Two of the worst Presidents in American history are Bush the Lesser and Herbert Hoover, also two with the most business experience.  After the disaster that was GWB, I really don't think the U. S. economy can afford another business leader like him.

And one would hope we'd learned our lessons from 2004 and 2004--electing a man born with a silver spoon in his mouth and business success earned from Daddy's name is not a recipe for a thriving U. S. economy.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment