Thursday, May 3, 2012

Who are the idiots?

As I was driving the Beautiful Boy home from school yesterday, I happened to drive past a booth on a sidewalk off the main drive with a group of clowns advocating the impeachment of President Obama.  They were asking drivers to stop to impeach President Obama, and their makeshift booth had a picture hanging off the side with pictures of numerous Democrats with the word "Idiots" above their photos.

I relate this because to my knowledge, President Obama has committed no acts that could lead to his impeachment.  Trust me, as hated as he is, and after watching republicans try to impeach Bill Clinton for lying about a blow job to protect his family, I am utterly certain that if republicans in the House had any reason to impeach Obama, they would have already.  Second, the last time I checked, Presidential impeachments begin in the House, and all the signatures in America (a bit unlikely) are not reason to impeach a President.

But the truly moronic facet of their impeachment drive is that even if they were capable of getting the House to start impeachment proceedings, it's highly unlikely at this point they'd be concluded by the elections in November, and thus republicans, you know, those of the austerity bent, would end up spending millions of taxpayer dollars for an outcome that could be reached with a Willard Romney victory.  I mean, don't you think their time would be better spent trying to get Willard elected?

Idiots, indeed.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment