Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Inexcusable

I'm never going back...
I'm not really sure why the attached video of police in Louisville, Kentucky bothers me as much as it does--I mean, it's not as if I haven't seen a nine year old pepper sprayed or the White House tear gas peaceful protesters so Donald Trump could have a photo op over the past few days. 

In the video, two white nationalists (I'm guessing) are seen (they're both gutless enough to wear masks, though not smart enough to hide their license plate) taking water and other liquids that have been set aside for protesters and either throwing it into the back of their pickup truck or just breaking it on the pavement.  The part that kills me, though, is that as people begin to get closer to the two racist pieces of shit to take photos that call them out for their cowardice, the Louisville police rush over to cut them off so they cannot take photos.  Note there was no one--absolutely no one--who was threatening these two men in any way (well, unless you count showing the two to be gutless cowards).

Two days ago I would have told you that Louisville was a nice city I visited once when my first wife and I were still dating, where we had a wonderful day and ate lunch at the best Mexican restaurant I've eaten at since my family left California.  But today, and for the rest of my life, what will be embedded in my memory is the Louisville police abetting racism.

And I can guarantee you that neither me, nor anyone in my family, will ever visit that city again.

Fuck Donald Trump,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment