Friday, December 19, 2014

Nothing to see here

I haven't written anything about the recent report released on torture done in our names by the American government, but this poll sure opened my eyes:  by a 59-31 margin--that's right, almost 60% of us--Americans believe the use of torture is justified to obtain information from suspected terrorists.

And it's a slippery slope that leads from beacon of freedom to despotic nation.

I don't know exactly how one changes the thought processes of Americans on a policy that not only stains our national image but shows a decided lack of empathy for human suffering, but I have to wonder how most Americans would feel if rectal feeding or waterboarding were used by suspected terrorists on our men and women in uniform.

I fear I may not like our response to that one, either.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment