Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just give me money

Andy Puzder, CEO of the parent company for Hardee's and Carl Jr.'s fast food restaurants whines in The Wall Street Journal about President Obama's executive action to increase the the number of those eligible for overtime pay, and declares that salaried managers prefer stature to overtime pay.

I have worked in retail for thirty years now, and I can honestly say that Mr. Puzder is completely and totally full of shit.  I don't know of a manager I ever worked with that would take stature over overtime pay, yours truly included.  In fact, if they'd given me overtime pay, they could have given me the title Pinhead In Charge--and I would have laughed all the way to the bank.

Mr. Puzder's claims are the very definition of fucking obtuse.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment