Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mrs. Antoinette

I don't generally like to pick on the spouses of candidates--they're just being good wives and husbands, being supportive, and many of them are not seasoned candidates like their better halves.

But...today's proclamations from Ann Romney are a bit beyond the pale.  I've thought from the get go that there is a little something phony about Mrs. Romney--the whole, I was just a stay at home Mom schtick is just a wee bit of bullshit (I've seen lots of stay at home Moms in their sixties and none of them look quite as well made up as Mrs. Romney), but she gave it away today when she referred to all of us as "you people" when discussing her husband's refusal to release his tax returns.

Fucking really?  I'm not "you people"--I'm an American citizen, who will pay your husband's salary and your living expenses if he wins, and I have every right to know every fucking little detail of your family's finances.  And if you don't think so, head to pre-revolution France.  Because in our world, that's when the dilettantish attitudes came to a screeching halt beneath the blade of a guillotine.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment