Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanks for clearing that up

Apparently, not investing in your company for the long term and laying off workers has another benefit for corporate CEOs:  that money can be used for stock buybacks which raise the price of stocks and help increase CEO bonuses!

I'm not sure which scares me the most about this trend.  It's either the fact that I read the piece and thought, "Holy shit!  That's exactly like the company I work for!" or that I have been saying for years that corporations lip service to "customers" is just so much bullshit because if they could find a way to make more money without customers, they would and now they've figured out how to do just that.

Either way, it's a lose-lose proposition for an awful lot of folks.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment