Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Here's a thought...

After the two competing plans for how best to cut the U. S. budget deficit have been unveiled in the past couple of weeks (not that I'm convinced this is necessary at this time--I've just become inured to its inevitability), I wonder if anybody will ever take a look at shit like this.  Christ, look at some of the corporate names--and they paid zero in taxes.  How many more are there?  Shouldn't somebody be looking into this and figuring out a way to see that they do pay taxes like the rest of us peons who make a lot less?  I mean, after Citizens United, corporations are people right?  And don't people (e.g., people like me and you) have to pay taxes unless they're certifiably poor?  Do any of these corporations look poor to you?

Just, uh, wondering.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment