Monday, January 24, 2011

Preview of the 2011 State of the Union

Well apparently President Obama's State of the Union won't be a capitulation to the right, and will focus a lot more on jobs and the economy than Mr. Boehner's agenda. Thanks, Mr. President--I can pretty much shitcan my brilliant (or not) analysis of this piece. Short version: Obama moving to the center sucks. For all of us.

The President is also not likely to discuss cuts to Social Security. No reason to bring up this, I suppose. Short version: a humongous majority of us prefer raising the payroll cap to cuts in benfits or raising the retirement age. Related note: man, not wanting to raise the retirement age really says something about how a vast majority of us view our livelihoods and the companies we work for; mostly it says how much they both suck.

Hmmm. What the.... Well, here's one of the few times I'll ever disagree with Digby (just on the first part)--I'm not really sure I give a shit if anybody shows up for the President's State of the Union, especially John Roberts, Samuel Alito, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, etc. Why in the fuck would I want face time to be given to people who couldn't care less if me or my family lives or dies? As far as I'm concerned, the President can sit quietly behind his desk and skip all the hoopla.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment