Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fucking Pluto

This is how far we have gone off the deep end--republicans in Oklahoma will put forth a bill shortly to ban the wearing of hoodies while committing a crime, or to intentionally conceal one's identity.  Ten other states have similar laws on the books.

Leaving aside the fact that when one commits a crime I'm pretty sure that no one is going to say, "You know what?  I don't want to risk another year in jail when I rob this convenience store so I'm gonna skip wearing the fucking hoodie," does anybody beside me feel just a wee bit uncomfortable with letting the police decide if I'm trying to conceal my identity or if my ears are just cold?

I realize such laws are really aimed at racially profiling young African-American men, but on a dark night walking down the street with your hood up and your hands in the pockets of your sweatshirt, there's not a single American that wouldn't have a big target on his back in the face of such laws.

Peace,
emaycee



No comments:

Post a Comment