Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday Night Jukebox, Vol. I--Crosby, Stills, and Nash: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes"

Because I haven't wasted enough of my life on pop music....

For those wondering, it's a song a week, some hits and some not, in no particular order, because touting a great song a week seems somehow worthwhile, goddamnit.  CSN's "Suite:  Judy Blue Eyes" starts it off because last year on some night I couldn't sleep I came across Woodstock on VH1 and this was the first song I heard and I distinctly remember asking myself at two or three in the morning, "Holy shit, has this song always been this good?"  And I thought the whole world (or at least the two or three people who regularly read this blog) should know just how good it was....

Word of warning:  on the Pop Music Coolness Quotient, Nick Hornby I aint.

For those not familiar, "Suite:  Judy Blue Eyes" is as the name suggests--a suite of  four songs, dedicated to Stephen Stills love of the time, folk goddess Judy Collins, amid their imminent breakup.  There's also a play on words with "suite" and "sweet" for those who enjoy the English language....  If nothing else, it's worth listening to just for the harmonies of Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and some great acoustic guitar from Stephen Stills.

Enjoy:




Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment