Tuesday, April 30, 2013

And we already have a winner...

...for the worst Mother of the year.

I don't often write about things outside of politics, but every so often something comes along that is so outside the pale....

So I was driving to work on Sunday...and on my usual route I hit a stretch of two lane roads for about four to five miles where it's virtually impossible to pass (even on a Sunday morning) and, as events had it, I got stuck behind a white sedan that obviously felt the speed limit was for Indy car drivers only.  I mean we're talking sloooooooooowwwwww.  I figured it's Sunday morning, probably some old-timer on the way to church.  The last half mile or so before I could mercifully get past the car, I noticed that the driving got a little wobbly, too--not like a drunk driver, but a little too far to the left in the lane, a little too far to the right.  When I finally got the chance to pass, I glanced over--just in case I ever ran into the driver face to face and it turned out that utter incompetence behind the wheel of a car was contagious--and saw a boy of six or seven on the driver side in the backseat, a girl of perhaps three or four on the passenger side in the backseat, and their (presumably) mother driving the car with neither hand on the steering wheel because she was too busy pushing the keys on the keypad of her phone.

Believe it or not, the first thought I had was...it's really sad that there's not a republican in America that doesn't believe an idiot who has no concern whatsoever for the safety of her children should be given unlimited access to a gun and as much ammunition as she desires with absolutely no questions asked.

Seriously.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment