Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pandering, pathetically

I'd be the first to admit I'm not a fan of Mitch Albom--I don't think much of him as a man, as a writer, and even less of him as a sports authority.  In all honestly, I stopped reading his columns years ago after an exceedingly self-serving piece he did on the estate tax (for which he was rightfully excoriated in the letters to the editor a week later, including mine) which showed that he didn't work for the Free Press, they worked for him.  The piece was as bad as any piece I have seen written, showing a complete lack of understanding of the issue, being chock full of inaccuracies, and  frankly, insulting and disrespectful to 99% of the paper's readers.

But in fairness, a lot more people read Albom's pap than my reality.

Still, I found today's interview with Albom concerning his new book, The Time Keeper (and with what baited breath I'll be awaiting that one's release) to be just a bit on the pathetic side.  I understand the Free Press running ads promoting his work, using his best-selling status to tout their newspaper, but an ass-kissing interview with zero in the way of relevance was just appalling.

It had all the journalistic gravitas of a piece on AOL News.

You'd think they'd at least humor us that they're not Albom's subordinates.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment