Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Just let me hear some of that rock and roll music...

The Man in Black saves the day yet again...

I've been having a hell of a time lately of writing posts for this blog--with a wife and two children with pre-existing conditions, the repeal of Obamacare and the passage of the AHCA in the House, while still a long way from being a done deal, is a lot closer to bringing misery to those I love.  Watching republicans show their complete and utter contempt for this country (I lived through Watergate, and whatever fault republicans of that era may have had, they realized the consequences of what Nixon had done and put their country before their party) just so they can pass tax cuts for the wealthy and shred the social safety net for working men and women has left me feeling a lot like Sisyphus.

For those not familiar, Sisyphus, in Greek mythology, was condemned for an eternity to push a boulder up a steep hill, only to have the boulder hit him on its way back down again and again.  And that's the way the political situation has seemed to me over these past few weeks:  utterly hopeless.

But as I was cutting the grass yesterday, listening to songs shuffle on my iPod against the roar of the lawn mower, Johnny Cash's version of Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" began to play, and it dawned on me that even if we lose, over and over again, for history and posterity it will be enough to say that we didn't stop fighting.

Sometimes, it's the best you can do.

The Man in Black:




Fuck Donald Trump,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment