Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wow

A staffer for Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder attended a private fundraiser for his Democratic challenger Mark Schauer wearing a pair of spyglasses (note:  at this point, a snicker, a guffaw, a "what the fuck?", a "for fuck's sake, Francis!" are all perfectly legitimate reactions), which she then proceeded to fucking lose and let fall in the hands of the Schauer campaign.

Now I have no problem with the Snyder campaign's tactic--bullshit trying to get a leg up in an election campaign has been done probably since the very first elections mankind ever held.

And I'm not surprised by the ineptness of the Snyder administration--I'd be hard pressed to name a single thing they've done right in the past four years here in Michigan.

What the story leaves me with, though, is hope.  Schauer is a good man, a good Democrat, and about as exciting as vanilla ice cream.  Snyder has the power of incumbency and wealth via the Koch Brothers, the DeVos family (of Amway fame), and his own fortune to make good King Midas envious.  Frankly, as much as I'd like to see Snyder go down to defeat, I thought the odds were long, at best.

But not so fast--if the Snyder campaign has to resort to such Donnie Dorko tactics, I've got to believe we have a much better chance than previously thought.

One tough nerd, indeed.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment