Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Do the right thing

Seems the Democrats are having internal discussions (nothing overly serious) about how it will play politically the bolder President Obama goes on unilateral action (read:  republicans are fucking worthless) to lessen the rate of deportations.

I understand that we live in very political times, but when I read this I wondered (and I'm not an historian) how much Democrats thought about politics when FDR pushed through Social Security or the WPA, or how much they did when LBJ pushed through Medicare and the Civil Rights Act.

You know what I hope?  That the President just does the right thing.  If we look out for the least among us and get our asses kicked this November, we'll still be able to say we made America a better place and that's something republicans will be hard pressed to ever claim.

Peace,
emaycee



No comments:

Post a Comment