Wednesday, May 21, 2014

With Dems like Stabenow, who needs republicans?

For whatever reason, President Obama decided to make a deal with the devil and/or Georgia's two republican Senators and nominated Michael Boggs for the District Court of Northern Georgia.  Boggs is a ConservaDem who as a legislator in Georgia voted to keep the Confederate flag insignia in Georgia's flag, is anti-abortion, anti-civil rights, and anti-marriage equality.

In other words, he's a Democrat like a bear is a chimpanzee.

Needless to say, his nomination has Liberal groups in an uproar, and one of the many that send me constant e-mails about the issues of our day asked me to send an e-mail to my Senators demanding they oppose Bogg's nomination.  This is the letter I got from Senator Debbie Stabenow:


Dear Mark,
Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Michael Boggs to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. I understand your concerns.
The Senate is charged by the U.S. Constitution with an "advice and consent" role in the appointment process, which ensures that all nominations made by the President are thoroughly reviewed. I take this Constitutional mandate very seriously, as do my colleagues.
Mr. Boggs's nomination is pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Should this nomination come before me for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.
Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator
 

Stabenow is a Democrat from a Northern state, pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, and relies heavily on African-American and women's votes to keep her job...and when it comes to a nominee who is the antithesis of all of this, she will "...keep [my] views in mind."

What the fuck?  Try, "Should this nominee come before me in a vote, I will not support his nomination."  Doesn't have to be mean, doesn't have to be heavy-handed, but for fuck's sake, Francis, it should be a no brainer, emphatic "NO!"

With Democrats like Senator Wishy-Washy Stabenow, it's getting harder and harder to believe we aren't going to absolutely get our clocks cleaned come November.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment