Sunday, February 10, 2013

Aha!

I'm fifty-three years old, and for the most part, The Grammy Awards are lost on me--anymore I don't know most of the nominees or their songs, and I'm constantly amazed at the mediocrity that passes for "talent" (Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, et al).  This from a man who spent 18 years in the music industry making peanuts because, for God's sake, I loved the music.

But on tonight's show, when they paid tribute to those in the music industry who had passed away over the past year by having an all star band of sorts perform The Band's "The Weight" (Levon Helm, their drummer and singer passed this year), I actually got out of my chair, stood right in front of the T.V., and smiled like I don't nearly often enough.

It was a joy to behold, and one of those musical moments that make you think, "Yup, this is exactly why I devoted so much of my life to pop music."

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment