Friday, March 30, 2012

I'll defer to the gentleman from George Mason...

I'm not a legal scholar, so I'm willing to defer to someone who is (see also the comment in my most recent post).  Still....

(And again, I'm no legal scholar) I have my doubts about this particular Supreme Court.  The Constitution may well be what the Justices say it is, but this Court's conservative justices are beholden to politics (see also Citizens United, and perhaps even more so, Bush v. Gore).

And while I appreciate the sentiments of the Dred Scott case or Plessy v. Ferguson eventually being overturned, I have a child who has ADHD and frankly can't wait 50 years for someone to realize that maybe discriminating against people who have pre-existing conditions wasn't such a good idea.

I don't live in a world of legal games--I live in Realityville, USA, and I need a Supreme Court that's looking out for what's best for the American people, not the republican party.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment