Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome to the fight, my friend

Today Time magazine declared the Occupy Movement as the number one story of 2011--considerably surprising, at least to me, as the traditional media is usually a day late and a dollar short on issues that matter to 99% of its readers.

Yesterday, President Obama took the unprecedented step--for him, anyway--of telling a group of Americans in Kansas that the trickle down theory republicans have embraced since I was a young man doesn't work, and never has worked. (He could have asked me--I've known it since the mid 1980s.)

President Obama has let us down numerous times before, and I have no idea if he'll continue on this tack or not.  But I hope he does--win or lose in 2012, I'd much rather do it fighting for what's best about the Democratic Party's ideals than merely paying them lip service and fighting as republican lite.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment