Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best

Herein lies the pisser of being a Liberal Democrat:

I went to bed last night with a huge smile on my face--all was right with the electoral world.  After the ass kicking that the 2010 elections gave us, last night's win by Kathy Hochul in NY-26, a hardcore republican district, was sweet as kisses from your sweetie.  And though I couldn't stay up until late in the evening to savor the victory, I saw enough of the post-election Democratic chatter to hear that they were saying all the right things (i.e., Medicare, Medicare, Medicare).

And then I woke up this morning.  And the first thought I had?  How can we fuck this up?  Because if there's a way, we'll find it (with friends like Steny, who needs republicans? and hey, what the fuck kind of name is Steny anyway?). 

And then...we have the Senate vote on the Ryan plan to kill Medicare, and not one--not even Ben "I'm the most fucking worthless Dem in D.C." Nelson--votes for it.  Go figure.

Look up bi-polar in the encyclopedia and I'm sure there'll be a picture of a Liberal Democrat somewhere in the piece.

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment