Monday, September 6, 2010

A Glimmer of Hope

I came across this piece quite by accident. I have no idea who John Mangalonzo is (other than a reporter for a small Iowa newspaper), but he has written one of the best pieces I have read this year. It concerns the accidental drowning of an illegal immigrant, a man with a family who was here in America to try and bring a better life for his family. The article doesn't dwell on on his immigration status--no, it focuses on what it should: his humanity, what it was that brought him here, and what it is that makes America so great. Trust me, it is the kind of piece that gives me great comfort and hope that Journalism can and will be one of the beacons for all of us to a better life. (Unfortunately, the comments section is muy depressing--republicans spreading their lies and hatred in their continuing quest to bankrupt America both morally and financially.) In short, all I would like to say is this: well done, young man, very well done! Peace, emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment