Saturday, July 17, 2010

Jobs, Justice, and Peace

My first reaction to the efforts of the UAW and the Rainbow Coalition was to roll my eyes--another march, ho-hum. But the more I thought about it, the more I figured at least they're trying, and as the song says, "...from small things, Mama, big things one day come."

And then I did a little research on the combined effort and came across this--written by some hack on an AOL sponsored site. Honestly, this guy is defending Toyota, a corporation who put profits before people's lives, and questioning the motives of the UAW and Rainbow Coalition who are striving to create jobs, improve working conditions, and aspiring for a more peaceful world. This idiot (no surprise he shares a last name with the sadist/fascist from the movie Animal House) is compelling reason for making abortion retroactive.

Methinks August 28th would be a good day to join a march for jobs, justice, and peace....

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment