Saturday, March 16, 2024

Don't ever let me go...

RIP, Eric Carmen, 1949-2024

 Eric Carmen, who had a number of hits both with his original band and solo, passed away earlier this week, and while I'd be exaggerating if I said that I was a huge fan of his, I was saddened by his death, especially since it seemed to go a little under the radar (nobody even wrote a post on Daily Kos, and someone always writes a death post for a musician who passes).  Such is the fickle nature of life, I suppose.

Still, it's saying something that his greatest musical accomplishment, the song "Go All the Way" which was released in 1972 when he was in the Raspberries (I wrote about it in Vol. CDLIX last October), is a song that more than fifty years later is still being raved about (and not just by music dorks like me).  I'd think that's a legacy that any musician would cherish, and I hope that Mr. Carmen did and had some appreciation for how much many millions of us loved the song.

As a soundtrack for his journey to Rock and Roll Heaven, I'd like to feature another song of his that I liked, 1977's "She Did It."  It's a nice pop ditty from my formative musical years (lyrics here for my three readers that care...).  Enjoy, and rest in rock and roll peace, Eric Carmen:



Republicans = Nazis

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment