Friday, September 13, 2019

On the (Eddie) Money

Thank you, and rest in peace, sir
Eddie Money passed away today from the ravages of esophageal cancer --I was a huge fan of his first couple of albums (I bought his first after being blown away by his performance on Saturday Night Live), both of which I played incessantly.  While the rest of his career wasn't my cup of tea, the first two still have a special place in my musical heart.  His songs "Baby Hold On" and "Two Tickets to Paradise" will always be among my all-time favorites.  Fond memories of a great concert sometime back in the day, too.

Embarrassingly enough, somewhere there is a photo of me looking remarkably like the one above, sans the snazzy suit.

At some point in the future, I know "Baby Hold On" is on my list for a Friday Night Jukebox feature--but I want to play it tonight for the good times--and to say thank you to Mr. Edward Mahoney for some fine memories from my youth:




Fuck Donald Trump,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment