Sunday, October 14, 2018

Great moments in bad career moves

Leave it to a woman to school a child

Truth be told, I don't keep up much with the minutiae of pop music these days, so I wouldn't really be able to tell you if Kanye West's best days are behind him (a la fellow Trump supporters Ted Nugent and Kid Rock) or if he's still riding a wave of popularity.  Either way, one has to wonder exactly what the fuck, from a career standpoint, he's thinking when he throws his support behind Donald Trump.  Does he think old white people (swear to God truth:  every time I tell someone near my age that one of my hobbies is music, their response is always something along the lines of 'I like music, too, except for that rap shit') are suddenly going to rush out and download his tunes?  Or white nationalists?  Exactly how does pissing off 60% of your fan base (roughly the percent of people under age 40--presumably Mr. West's core fans--who disapprove of Trump's job performance) translate into more commercial success?

Besides, I thought the job of plantation toadie had already been taken by Ben Carson....

Curious Aside #1:  Mr. West said he voted for Trump because he made him feel like more of a man than Hillary Clinton.  While it's not a subject I'm familiar with, if Mr.West needs a man to feel like more of a man, don't they have male gigolos for that sort of thing?  Certainly seems like it would do a lot less damage to his career.

Curious Aside #2:  I don't know which idiot Kardashian Mr. West married, but I did note in one of the pieces on his visit to the Oval Office that they have three daughters together.  Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall when Mrs. West explains to their daughters that they can't run for President because it would make Daddy feel like less of a man?

Th-th-th-th-that's all folks....

Fuck Donald Trump,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment