Monday, July 23, 2018

History isn't made by cowards

Truth to power

"Of course, if you're one of the 54 Percent--the Americans who actively oppose Trump--there is a good chance of electing a radically new House of Representatives for 2019 that will act decisively if special counsel Robert Mueller's probe provides enough evidence for impeachment. But Republican senators and the 41 Percent won't stand for Trump's ultimate removal, and I'm not sure anyone is ready for the new brand of civil war that would be created by all of this." (Emphasis mine)

I have been seeing this theme more and more of late, and it has me completely flabbergasted.

If we are not willing to fight for what's right--despite threats from pretend "Americans"--then what is the point of fighting at all?  I'm not some deranged revolutionary--while my end is a lot nearer than my beginning, I have a wife and three children who have many years left yet to live.  And I want to see them enjoy all the ones they have.  But if we're going to cower in the face of bullying then we all might as well mosey on down to the racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and treasonous trough and take a big bite.

Because America as we know it will officially be fucking done.

Fuck Donald Trump,
emaycee


No comments:

Post a Comment