Sunday, July 10, 2011

Onward "Christian" Soldiers

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"
                                                                                                 Matthew 25:40

Apparently Orrin Hatch (R-Hades) thinks the poor in this country just aren't paying their share--obviously, not having any money isn't a very good excuse.  Never mind that Hatch can't get his facts straight (he claims 51% of Americans don't pay taxes, a figure which includes senior citizens, children, and those who don't make enough to file federal taxes and ignores state and sales taxes which the poor most assuredly pay), what kills me about Hatch's idiotic rant is that he's purportedly a Christian.

Now I'm not a theologian, but if I read the above Bible passage correctly, that means that Hatch thinks Jesus should pay more taxes.  Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't recall anything in the Bible about Jesus' mansion, Jesus' beemer, or Jesus' bling.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that all that Jesus owned were the clothes on his back and perhaps a donkey--in short, he was poor.  And, according to Sen. Hatch, a leach.

Ought to make for a pretty darn uncomfortable Judgment Day for old Orrin....

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment