Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lil ol' me

Anyone who knows me knows that I have an aversion to phones. I have the most wonderful mother in the world, but she gets two calls a year from me: her birthday and Mother's day. My kids get calls on their birthday. The only person I talk to regularly on the phone is my Beautiful Girl.

And calling strangers? If I was given a choice between calling a stranger or walking on hot coals...well, honestly, I'd call the stranger but I'd be bitching the whole time, "I should have walked on the fucking hot coals!"

So, naturally, when I get exhortations from Move.On or True Majority to call my Senators or Congressman (Mike Rogers-Liar and Idiot), I quickly hit delete and move on (so to speak).

But not today.

Nope, today, for the first time in my wondrous fifty years on this planet, I called my Senator, Carl Levin, and asked him to sign on to Sen. Bennet's letter to pass the public option via reconciliation. Was I disappointed that, after hours of fighting busy signals (started at 10:00 this morning, didn't get through until 5:00 this afternoon), Sen. Levin's associate told me he had already signed on earlier today?

No fucking way.

I was one of over one million people who called Senate offices today, and damn proud of myself for having done so. I did my part.

Special shout out to our illustrious Senators, Levin and Stabenow, for both having signed on. Michigan Dems can strut proudly tonight. I know I am--even have my peacock costume on....

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment