Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Labor Day!

Won us all what we got now...

 

Once again, it's time for my favorite holiday of the year, in which we celebrate labor unions and all they have given us as well as honoring working people...and all they have given us.

And for the fifth straight year, I celebrate this day as a proud (and very thankful) member of UCFW #876.  They continue to help my family (and every other family in our corner of the business world) in ways immeasurable, through both our wages and our benefits, as well as providing us with job security.  Added bonus:  We had an incident earlier this year where the department I work in was asked to sign a new set of rules that would apply only to us.  It seemed a little bullshit, so I refused to sign it and passed it on to our union steward who promptly called our union rep who promptly called our store management and told them, "It's not in our contract, so stuff it."  Righteous!

As I have done for the past few years, I'm going to feature a song that celebrates labor unions, and this year has the extra perk of being a clarion call for the November midterms.  This year's is a little new to me, but it's "Better World A-Comin'" by Woody Guthrie (lyrics are here).

Enjoy:



Fuck Donald Trump

Happy Labor Day!
Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment