Friday, June 28, 2024

Boats against the current

Indubitably!


There's no way to sugarcoat it:  last night's debate between President Biden and the Human Shit Stain was a shitshow inside a dumpster fire aboard the fucking Titanic.  I couldn't stomach more than thirty seconds of post-debate punditry last night, but of what little I did see the recurring theme seemed to be that it was a nightmare scenario for the Democratic Party.

So it probably wasn't surprising that when I awoke this morning, after about two and a half hours sleep, there was a knot in my stomach and an overwhelming sense of dread pervading my being.  I tossed and turned for about a half hour before giving up on returning to slumber and heading downstairs to start my day.  

The first thing I was greeted with--which is what I'm greeted with first thing every morning--was our youngest son's cat screaming for his cat treats.  He got them.  I then cleaned up the mess that our youngest son leaves in our family room pretty much every night after Mom and Dad have gone to bed.  Then I put away the clean dishes, which my partner is more than happy to clean but for whatever reason, she refuses to put away.  I then hopped in the shower so I could be at work by five this morning, but a funny thing happened while the water was enlivening me.

I began to compose this post in my head.

The point is that life goes on.  Yes, Biden's performance was beyond disappointing, especially to a man that is so despicable.  And yes, our job to deliver a victory for democracy this November got exponentially harder (if not downright impossible).  But I don't know what else to do other than to keep fighting for the America that is the best it can be and not the one that ends with deportations, and Medicare and Social Security gone, and our voting rights out like the trash, and disgusting shitheels like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Michael Flynn and J.D. Vance with more power and an even larger soapbox from which to wield it.

So I'm going to rise like a lion after slumber in (hopefully) unvanquishable number and continue to publish my four tweets and the picture o' the day to make sure everyone knows that no matter how bad President Biden may seem, the alternative is multitudes worse.

And to know that I gave everything I had to save America from its very own Hitler, Donald Trump.

Republicans = Nazis

Peace,
emaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment